Monday, March 1, 2010

March 1, 2010

Hey family,

Everything is going great. Well, just to let you know, we do have transfers every 6 weeks and on Wednesday it is transfer day. I found out that I will be staying in Brussels and I will lose Elder Mitchell as a companion. But Elder Caywood is staying as my companion for the next transfer so that is cool. I found out some stuff about President Stahley. He was Presidents Hinckley’s personal secretary so that is cool. The mission home did change. It is now in Versailles (Paris France Mission), so the office in Belgium is no longer there. Well, it is, but it is for the Netherlands mission and we can’t go there. Ya, but I am staying in Brussels for another transfer in the same apartment also.

Well, it was awesome. I was down in Lille, France today for Elder Caywood’s legality. We went down there last night and we stayed with the Zone leaders down there. In the morning we went to his health appointment. Then we had to do other stuff, but he is now legal in France. I also had my first French pastry there. It wasn’t that bad - I liked it. Then we came back up here to Brussels.

Hey, do you remember about the train crash in Brussels about 2 weeks ago? Ya, the funny thing is we usually take that train. We normally take metro but on Sundays we take the train to go see one of our investigators that lives outside of Brussels. The train that crashed is the train we usually take, so that is kinda funny. ha ha ha.

Well, this week has been great. The sister’s in Brussels had a baptism on Friday. On Sunday, yesterday, I was asked to be in the circle to confirm her and Elder Mitchell was the one who confirmed her. It was an awesome baptism and we had some investigators come and they loved it.

Oh, on Thursday we had our big zone conference that lasted the whole day basically. It was great. President Stahley was there and we all had a little interview with him and the Brubaker's said good bye to us. I also got one of those certificates that you get at the end of your mission saying you have served with honor and you are now in the Brussels alumni. So, basically, I already served my mission and did it honorably and now I am serving another mission in the Paris France mission, so that is cool. Now I have to figure out how to send it home or keep it for two years without it getting ruined. But don’t worry, I know some people.

Well, I just want to let you know that I love you all and sorry about last weeks e-mail. We ran short on time. I love you all and hope you have a great week and a great first day of March, as it is probably 9:30 am there. It’s kinda funny, I am waking up when you all are about to go to sleep. That’s kinda funny. Oh well, I love you all and thank you so much for your love and support. Until next week TTFN LOVE ELDER WALKER

No comments:

Post a Comment