Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March 15, 2010

Hey family, how is everything going? I hope it is going great. Well, not much has gone on this week because we had Zone Conference on Friday and it was awesome. We talked about personal revelation. That is what we did all of Friday. We didn’t have that many appointments this week because they all pretty much canceled on us. Or in other words they BOAFED us. Boaf is a Belgium missionary term for lazy or for one who didn’t show up for their appointment. So, as I was saying we got boafed 6 times in a row. So that was not fun. Two days with no appointments, but we did some finding.

We did however set up a baptism date with an Amie de l´église. Amie de l´église means friend of the church or an investigator. It is for the first week in September because she has to go through some repenting before she can be baptized. While we were at the appointment her little kid ate my clip to my name tag. You just don’t do that. You don’t eat someone’s clip for their name tag. It’s just wrong I tell you, just wrong. Ah – just kidding - I didn’t really care. I had another clip back at the apartment so no big worries.

On one of the days I taught a lesson all by myself. We went to an appointment and there was the Amie de leglise there with one of his friends. The funny part was one spoke only English and the other spoke only French. I think they communicated through some African language. Well, my companion taught in French and I taught in English. It was pretty cool.

Well, you know what; there are a couple of things I really miss. 1. Good old American milk. This milk here is not so good but I am getting use to it. It is non-pasteurized milk that is in a cardboard box sitting out at room temperature. But we like to put it in the fridge to have cold milk for breakfast. The stores here are ok. Ya, I don’t really know how to describe them. They are just stores. If you come to Belgium there are a couple of things I would not eat. Well, if you were me but everyone has their own opinions. 1. A hamburger. I had one and it was the worst hamburger I have ever eaten 2. A thing called a Freakadell. They look like the old hotdogs you see at the gas station and it looks like they have been there for years. Ya, that’s what they look like. My companion got one in his first transfer for lunch and at a members’ house later around 5 o’clock, his colon started bleeding - so not too good. But, Belgium has good waffles and good fries, so that is good.

Well, the mission work is great and I am glad to be here. Around general conference it starts to get hot so we are allowed to take off our suit coats and wear short sleeve shirts, so that is cool. Good news, I am now legal in Belgium. I went to my legality today so that is why my e mail is late. So, now I just need to be legal in France.

Tell Brendon congratulations! I hope you all send me some pictures and I hope they are both having a great time.

Well, I love you all and hope you all have a great week. I hope you all are staying bright eyed, bushy tailed and egger to excel. TTFN LOVE ELDER WALKER

No comments:

Post a Comment