Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March 22, 2010

Hello Family! How is the good old life back in the states? Well everything is going well. Not much has gone on, wait, no I am wrong. I don’t know if I told you last week but last Monday I became legal in Belgium. Last Friday I went done to Lille France to become legal in France. So now I am legal in both Belgium and France - O ya! Well, I found out that the Paris France missionary’s probably won’t be serving in Belgium at all or for a long time. The reason why is because it is very hard to get a Belgie visa in America, let alone in France. In America you have to get FBI clearance and medical tests which I had to do in the MTC. As missionary’s call it “Magic Tuesday” because it is always on Tuesday, and you have medical tests done. So it is hard to get a visa in Belgium now if you’re in France. It is almost impossible parce que (because) they don’t like you to be legal in France and Belgium. In fact, it is against the law down in France to be legal in both countries for some reason. So, they told the missionary’s to never carry your Belgie legality card and your French legality card at the same time. So, for right now a lot of the missionary’s in Belgium will stay in Belgium. One exception, for the new missionary’s, they can also come to Belgium. So that is what I have been told. So ya just some info.

Well, it seems like almost all of our investigator are sick. We haven’t been able to see the investigators that have baptisms dates because they say they are sick. I hope that next week we will be able to see more. O ya, Wednesday, now that was a day for me, let me tell ya. It was a work day with the zone leaders and Elder Caywood went with Elder Cabrera and I went with the other zone leader Elder Mota. Well, Elder Mota and I went to pass by an investigator by our church. We have never talked to him or anything, but we got there and he takes us to a room with all these massage chairs. I guess he sells them. We start talking and he told us we have to try these chairs so we tried them. They were so comfortable. I just felt so relaxed. We both thought that he was going to try to sell them to us but he never brought it up. He seems interested in the church and wants us to come back. So, we were like ok that works. After we went to another rendezvous (appointment) were we went to see an inactive. Let me tell you a little about him. He was baptized about a year ago and he stopped coming. He doesn’t want anything to do with the church and he studies chess for 4 hours a day. He is a champion chess player. So, when we called to set up the rendezvous he said “no” to us. But we convinced him to let us come over if we just played chess. So, we went over and played chess and talked for a long time. He is really nice and taught us a little about chess, so that was cool. When we were leaving he said his door is always open and we are free to come back and we can share a scripture with him. Also, we are going to see him again on Tuesday, so that is sweet. He also said that he has another chess board that he does not use and he wants to give it to us, so we will see if that happens on Tuesday. But he is a slick investigator.

On Saturday’s now we play football (soccer) at 9 am. We invite investigators to come and play and it is so fun. Of course we do get our butts kicked because they are French or African and the only sport they play is football. So, we lose but we don’t keep score. We just play to have fun and to get investigator to come an say “hi” so that is a pretty cool thing we do.

Well, not much is going on. Life here is great. Time has just gone by so fast. It feels like yesterday I was in the MTC and I was home. Oh wow, it has gone by so fast for me. Well, life here is great. I love it here in Belgium/Europe. It is an awesome place. Well, I hope you are all having a great time and hope everything is going AWESOME. I just want you to know JE t´AIME (I Love you) and hope you all will have a great week. TTFN LOVE ELDER WALKER

No comments:

Post a Comment