Monday, March 29, 2010

March 29, 2010

Hey family, what’s up? Is everything going great? Well, this week has been awesome! Thursday we played chess again over at the investigators house. It was fun. He is opening up more and more with us. He is a funny guy. We passed by another amie de léglise (friend of the church or investigator) and his name is Didier. He was taught a long time ago and he use to have a baptism date but for some reason he never got baptized. We taught him a lesson and we committed him to be baptized again and he said yes. He wants us to come over to teach him again but his girl friend said no. So we never set up a B-date with him but we will still work with him and his girl friend.

On Wednesday, we had a work day with the office elders and Elder Caywood went with Elder Ferguson and I went With Elder Schmutz. Now the funny thing, Elder Schmutz lives in Ruth’s ward. He was at Jers farewell and homecoming and I guess his family knows their family, so I thought that was pretty cool. Well, the work day was great. I spent a lot of the time in the office helping them out and I worked on an invitation where the speaker at church gives it to a couple of friends and invites them to hear their talk. Then the missionary’s talk to the friend and tell them about our church. So, I worked on that for a little bit, so that was pretty cool. Then we did some contacting and I got to make some call in French. That was pretty fun to set up rendezvous’ in French. Rendezvous means appointment, it was awesome.

Now I have a story for you. On Thursday we went over to see a friend of a member and it was awesome and I mean AWESOME! She was telling us that we were sent from God to teach her religion and that we brought the light in her house and she wants to be baptized. It was sweet, but the funny part was it was 9 o’clock at night and we are to be back at the apartment at 9 30. Well, she said she made us food and she made it for us so we stayed and ate it. She was African and she made us Foufou. It is like some kind of bread stuff. Not bad. You eat with your hands and you grab it and roll it into a ball and dip it into some kind of sauce. Well she comes out with a bowl of soup with some kind of meat in the middle to use as the sauce. Well, before I go on, let me tell you my theory. You know how at the store when you walk by all the fish they all have their heads cut off. I wondered what they did with the heads. I thought they gave them to cats or something. Well, I was wrong. Apparently, they give them to people and the next thing you know when you go over to the persons house you will get soup with a fish head in it. Yes! Yes, the soup we had was fish head soup - yum...... I took a picture of it and sent it to you guys. You could see the eye and mouth. You should have seen my face when she told us it was a fish head. Well, in Africa they give the men the head of the fish because they are the head of the family. So, ya I didn’t eat it though - it was nasty. Well, I had a little bit before she told me it was a fish head. Well, that is my funny story. I put the picture in the mail today so it should be there soon.

Well, that is pretty much my week. I love the mission! It is great. On Saturdays we play football (soccer) and we invite amies to come to it and it is way fun. Well, I have to run. I love you all and hope you have a great week. Have a great general conference and Happy Easter. TTFN LOVE ELDER WALKER

No comments:

Post a Comment