Tuesday, January 26, 2010

January 26, 2010

Hey family:

How is everything going? The mission field is great. When we first got to Belgium we met our mission president and we headed over to the mission office to meet and have an interview with him to find out where we were going to get called to serve in our first area. Then we went back to the mission home were Sister Brubaker made us some lunch and we took a little nap. After we went to the place where Elder Holland came and dedicated Belgium for the mission. (just on a side note I hate the French keyboard) ok back to where I was - after we went there we went to the Grand Place were we got to do some contacting. After President Brubaker took us to dinner and then we all went back to the mission home to get our calls and find out were we are going to serve for our first area.

When we got back to the mission home we got our calls. I was so excited to find out that I will be serving in Bruxelles 1 (Brussels 1) for my first area. I was so happy! I also found out that I have 2 companions, Elder Mitchell and Elder Caywood. I thought it was pretty cool to have 2 comps. Then we had some treats and went to bed.

The next morning we all got up, got ready to go and went to the train station to meet our new companions. When we got there I found my companions and we left to go to the apartment. We got there, unpacked and then we had an appointment with a member to check up on them and teach them a lesson. After we went to a non members where he gave us dinner and we taught him a lesson. The best part was he spoke English and we taught him in English also. So that was our first day. Then the next day we did some contacting and went to work. This place is awesome.

The apartment is pretty nice. We have one of the nicest ones. It has a washer, dryer and oven. It is pretty nice. The apartment is really only a 4 person apartment and we have to companionships of 3 living in there - so it is a little tight, but the apartment is pretty nice.

The language is coming along. It is hard to understand but I am way happy to be here. I always have a smile on my face. It was the best on Sunday. We went to church and we were talking to some people and it was hard to understand what they were saying, but then we went to priesthood and it was so amazing. I understood almost every word people said in the class. The same went for Sunday school. I was so happy I could understood what they were saying. One might say I have been blessed with the gift of tongues and I am truly blessed. Others might say <> Ya, so I found out about 95 percent speak English. Ya, but I like the gift of tongues story better.

Yesterday (Monday) is our regular p-day, but we had interviews with the pres. so we moved them to today. But next week they will be on Monday.

Well, the mission is going great. I wish I had some more time to e-mail, but I will right more next week. The mission is great! I love it here and thank you so much for your love and your support. I love you all so much. Love Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment