Sunday, January 17, 2010

January 15, 2010

Hey Family - what's up? How is the good old life? Well, life here is great. I got rid of my cold and this is my last week in the MTC. I will be leaving on Monday. I am very nervous and feel really sick! But oh well - I am excited and looking forward to going to Belgium! I am way happy. On Tuesday we had Elder L. Tom Perry of the quorum of the 12th come and speak to us. He has come twice since I have been here so it is pretty cool. He has been the 5th apostle that has come since I have been here. It is way cool.
The first day we got here we went into a room with about 50 new missionary's. There was also an investigator in the room too. It was an activity where you asked "get to know ya" questions. There are also two missionary's who come in and start off the activity by asking questions, just to be an example on how to do it. Well, last Wednesday, 1/13/10, they asked us if we wanted to be the two missionary's who start off the conversation and be an example for the new missionary's. So that was fun to do. We just went in and asked like how they were doing, just questions on getting to know them. It was great!
This week we have been talking a lot about Europe and my mission. The time for the 2nd harvest of Europe has come. In about 2002 or 2003 Elder Hollond of the twelve set apart Europe for the 2nd harvest. And there has been more and more baptisms every year. The seed has already been planted and now it is time to reap. The field is white already to harvest. It is still going to be a tough mission but the time is here. President Uchtdorf, in 2006 said that, "The great harvest in Europe was not in the past but in the future. And the future for us is now."
Well, I just thought that was cool. Well I am way excited. On Monday I leave the MTC and I will be going to Belgium.
Thank you All for your love and support I love you all so much!!!!!!!!
-Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment