Thursday, June 3, 2010

May 31, 2010

Bonjour ma famille. Comment allez-vous? Vous allez bien! (Direct translation....Hello my family. How goes you? You going well!......normal translation…Hello family. How are you? You going well! very similar.) Well, this week I’m not going to lie to you, SUCKED!!!!!!! Let me explain. Wednesday, the first day of transfer, Elder Broadway gets "sick" and we stayed in the apartment the whole day. Thursday, he is still "sick" so we stayed in the apartment all day. Friday, once again he is "sick" but I went with Elder Winkler and his new companion, his greeny, and we went to go teach someone Then we came back and I spent the rest of the day in the apartment. But I got a lot of studying in. I have been studying Jesus the Christ. It is a very good book. My favorite parts of the book are the notes at the end of the chapters describing some of the stuff he has said. I have to admit the first few chapters were really hard for me to get through but when I started the chapters of Christ’s birth and everything I was fine, but the first chapters were hard.

Well, that is basically the start of my transfer, not much happening. Well, on Saturday, Charleroi 1 had a baptism. Apparently it went very well. For the Charleroi district the year goal was 25 baptisms and we are now at the half way point and we have 14. Well, we did get to teach one of our amies and he came to church for the 3rd time. Things are going great for us. One thing, we have 3 companionships of elders in Charleroi. The Charleroi 1 companionship has to drop some of their amies (sorry amies = investigators.) The other Charleroi 2 companionship gets dropped by some of their investigators and for us, all our investigators disappear off the face of the earth, and no one can get a hold of them. So, we are having some setbacks but everyone has some promising investigators who are really interested in the gospel. So, that is good. Then you have the sisters in Charleroi who are just on fire. They had 2 baptisms last transfer and they are just doing great. Well, that is the work in Charleroi.

Well, that is pretty much all that has happened the last week. But life is good, hard but good. The French is coming along. On Saturday, Elder Simonson and Elder Barrit, his greeny, went on a little workday with us. (Workday is where you change companions for a little bit of the day.) Well, Elder Barrit and I went out and did some contacting, but no one was on the street. So, we went door to door, where we found some lady who told us she was in the religion of love....right. She believes in all the prophets, Noah, Mohammad, Buddha, and Jesus. We get talking and we asked if she had a Bible and she showed us this fifth dimensional book and some other books. She said these are her Bibles. It was funny. Well, we had to go and she was so nice to us, it was awesome.

Well, that was my week. I love you and thank you. Thank you so much for the support you give me. It helps me out a lot. Well, JE T'AIME LOVE ELDER WALKER

No comments:

Post a Comment