Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 28, 2010

Well hey, how ya doing? Life here is great. I love it. This week has been great. This week we had two workdays or exchanges with the other elders in our apartment. The first was on Tuesday where I went with Elder Simonson’s “blue” and we contacted all day. He was a great example for me. He basically did all the contacting. Every time when I was about to say something he would cut me off. He is a great guy and an awesome missionary. Oh, by the way, his name is Elder Berrett and he is from Highland, Utah. Then, on Friday, I went with Elder Simonson and we did some service and helped someone in his ward move. On the way over to her new house with all the stuff, I was in the car with her landlord and he was asking about my religion and what we do. Then, Elder Simonson was in the other car and they had to go back and get something that fell off the truck. So, I was all alone with Jean, the landlord, and it was really weird. We got to the house and I was all alone and ya it was way weird. Then we got to go do some contacting and we had a great time.

Saturday, that was a day. We did sports in the morning and it was freakin hot! I don’t get this weather. It is raining, then it is hot and sweat is running down your face. You are thinking to yourself, “I am going to have a heat stroke and it will not be good.” Well, we played soccer or as we call it over here football and I was dying, it was fun. Then, Elder Broadway wasn’t feeling well at all. So, he called Sister Staheli and she told him to get some rest so I spent the whole day in the apartment. I was trying to read Jesus The Christ, but I fell asleep for an hour. Then I made dinner and read some talks out of the church magazine. Then, yesterday Sister Staheli told him to call a doctor and go see him. So, we did that and we are now going to the doctors at some point of time. So that has been fun.

Well, transfers are coming up. We will find out Saturday if I am staying or going. I will probably tell you if I am going or what when we have to check our e-mails on Saturday. I will just leave ya a quick note.

Well, our baptism date - something is wrong because we called him an hour before our rendezvous (appointment) and he was fine with it. Then, he has disappeared. We have not been able to get a hold of him or anything. We think something is wrong because he wants to be baptized and he knows this is the true church but he has just disappeared. So, the date is on hold for the moment.

Everything else seems for the most part to be doing great. Life is good so I am happy. Well, I love you all and hope you have a great week and HAPPY 4TH OF JULY this upcoming Sunday. I hope you will have fun and watch a lot of fireworks for me. I love you all and hope you have a great week. TTFN LOVE ELDER WALKER

No comments:

Post a Comment