Wednesday, June 23, 2010

June 21, 2010

Hey, how is it all going? Well, guess what? We had another baptism this week. Here is the story. Awhile back, our companionship was teaching this kid Timothy. His mom was less active and her other son also, but we were teaching this kid. Then he moved to Charleroi 1 so we had to pass him. Well, he got baptized this week. It was pretty cool. In the end we ended up teaching 1/2 the lessons and then Charleroi 1 taught the other 1/2. It was awesome. They are from Africa and the mom speaks Lingala. So, Elder Broadway, the mom, a friend and I sang a Lingala song. It was slick. I still have it, so I will have to record it on a memory card and send it. It is pretty cool.

Well, some bad and good news. Our baptism date will not make it for the 3rd but we fixed another date for the 17th. His mom got into a depression and threw herself down the stairs and broke her foot. So, he was over there for the past week, so, we never got to teach him. He didn’t come to church but everything is fine right now, so that is good. And in other news, the member, Patrick, that we go teaching with and have lunch with every Saturday, left to go on vacation. He went to America and he will be there for about 3 weeks. So, if I leave on the next transfer I won’t be able to see him again, but if I stay all is well. So, whatever happens, I will be happy. Life is good.

Well, some corrections on the questions for last week. We had zone conference and I found out that we have the biggest mission in Europe with 183 missionaries. The next biggest is London South mission in England with 140 plus or minus some. And the work here is just on fire. They are calling it the miracle of 2010 or that is what President Staheli is saying. He told us there are 19 baptisms for July 3rd, it is great. The work is just moving on through.

Like I said, we had zone conference this past week in Bruxelles (Brussels). It was great to see that place again, I missed it. It was also great to see the other missionaries there also. They told us another story about 2 more missionaries who almost died of carbon monoxide because they took the batteries out of the detector because it was making a beeping noise. So, we had a talking to on that and to make sure our co2 detectors are working.

Oh yes.... yesterday....... Sunday...... sacrament......the talk.... ya ça va pas. It is one thing to give a talk in your own native language. It is another thing to give one in another language. For example: franças moi je suis pas d'accord. Well, it went ok. People said it was good but let me tell you I was freaking out. My hand was shaking and everything! Oh man! Oh man! But people said it was ok. They were just saying that so I wouldn't feel bad probably.

Well, life is good. Things are going good and everything is F.I.N.E. (Freaked out, Insecure, Neurotic, and Emotional - Italian Job - good movie) Well, I love ya and hope you have a great week. TTFN LOVE ELDER WALKER

No comments:

Post a Comment