Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May 24, 2010

Hey family, I don’t have a lot of time right now because I am in Namur Belgium. We went to go see some castle/citadel thing. It was really cool! The member, Patrick, is going to post pictures and tag me in them on Facebook, so, you should be able to see them. Well, I am still in Namur. The train leaves in about 25 minutes so I don’t have that much time. I think I have about 12 minutes I can write. Well, today was great. I took a ton of pictures to they are pretty cool. I should be sending them home soon because I have a ton of pictures, so that will be good.

Well, just to let you know, Namur is so beautiful. It is so clean and nicer then Charleroi. Charleroi is like the ghetto of Belgium, but it is still pretty fun in Charleroi. Well, I am staying for another transfer here with Elder Broadway. So, that is good, another transfer here, it is fun. Last week Elder Crump, Elder Receveur and I went bowling and had a goaf match (goaf is a waffle) ((can’t spell sorry)) where if you lose you owe the other two a goaf. Well, we played 3 games. We all won one and all lost one. That means we owe each other 2 goafs. It was way fun.

Then this past week we did a district finding activity in Namur on Tuesday. It was fun. We all go to one place with a box of Book of Mormons and go talking away. I started talking to this one guy and he was speaking with a Romanian and an Italian accent. I was glad Elder McQuay was there because as we say here, “J´ai rein compri” (I did not understand). Half the time he was speaking Italian not French, but it was fun. It was great to do a big group activity like that, it was fun.

On Saturday we had some Joseph Smith fireside where we took an investigator to it. After, he told us that he made up his mind and that he was going to get baptized. It was awesome! The Charleroi 1 elders had an investigator there too and he wants to be baptized also. He is only 14. He is one of the smartest 14 year old kids I have seen. He was reading in the Book of Mormon in Ether where the brother of Jarrod saw the finger of God and the veil was taken off. He asked how we can be like the brother of Jarrod and have that faith to have the veil taking off from our eyes. Man this kid is cool!

Well, I’ve got to go but I love you all and have fun with the snow you are still getting, when I am here dying of heat. Well, I love you all and hope you have a great week. TTFN LOVE ELDER WALKER

No comments:

Post a Comment