Monday, June 7, 2010

June 7, 2010

Hey family, how is it going? Well, this week was great! We set a baptism date with one of our investigators. It is great! We set the date for July 3. It is just awesome! We are planning to set a couple of other baptism dates this week also. Things here are going great and the sisters in Charleroi had another baptism also. Man, things are just on fire.

Well, not much has been going on. I finally got some short sleeve shirts because the long sleeves shirts were killing me in this weather. That’s what I like about Utah, when it says it is going to be 80° it will be 80°. Here, if it says it is 80° what they are really saying is that it is 80° but you have to take into account that you live in a country on the coast and you have 90 percent humidity. So, you have to add the 80° and the 90 percent humidity and you get.....80° but you are going to be boiling hot because it is going to feel like it is really 100° and you are going to be sweating like crazy. So, they may say 80° but they mean 100°.

Well, things here are going good. We have a first councilor like every church. I try to avoid him at all costs. He is way cool but let me tell you why. Because after Priesthood then we have Sunday School and then Sacrament. Well, usually after Priesthood if he needs someone to talk in Sacrament, he comes to the missionaries to ask if we can talk in an hour in Sacrament. That is why I try to avoid him at all costs. Well, after church I thought I was saved anther Sunday. I was out in the foyer talking to some people when someone came up and started to massage my shoulders. I turned around and guess who it was? He said I have a question for you and I was thinking to myself crap, I am in trouble. And sure enough, he asked me to give a talk in Sacrament on the 20th of June. Right when he started talking to me I knew exactly what he wanted. So, now guess who has to give a talk the 20th of June. Ya, you guessed it - ME MYSELF AND I. Great! How fun! Whoo hoo - I am jumping for joy (not really).

Well, that kinda sucks, but oh well, it will all work out and I know that the lord will help me through, so I am glad for that. Well, that is pretty much my week for ya. Not much else went on. Well, I love you all and hope you are going to have a great week and TTFN LOVE ELDER WALKER

No comments:

Post a Comment