Thursday, May 20, 2010

May 10, 2010

Hey family, how is it all going? It was great to get to talk to you yesterday for Mother’s Day. It really made my day....well; it made more of my evening, because I was talking to you at night here. Well, life here is good. It is going great. The work is going great also. We are planning to set a couple of baptisms dates this week with two of our investigators. So, I hope that goes well. The sister missionaries in Charleroi have a baptism this coming Sunday, so that will be great. There are baptisms happening all over the mission. It is great.

Well, the French is coming along, slowly, but it is coming. When I was in Brussels I don’t think learned that much because half of the appointments we had were in English. And then church was in English and French also. Then when I got here EVERTHING is in French and I just realized not too long ago I can’t understand that much. So, I was kinda freaking out. I am like “I can’t understand a word you are saying.” Maybe, it is because they have a different accent than in Brussels. But, oh well, I know that with the lords help the language will come. So, I am not too worried about that, so it is all good.

It was funny, on Wednesday we went to a rendezvous (appointment) were at the end we played a game called rage. Well, it was my first time playing and I was playing with two Africans and my British companion. I ended up winning and I kinda beat them pretty bad. I was a head like 20 some odd points and after Sister Mopia, the person we are teaching, was going off saying “the American won! They always win! She kept going off about that. Then, her son called and she told him that she was playing a game with the missionaries and guess what, the American won. So, we set up another rendezvous (appointment) for this last Saturday. She told us to bring the game back because she wanted a rematch against the American. So, we brought it back and all 3 of them, Sister Mopia, Timothy Mopia, her son, and my companion all teamed up against the poor old American. I lost, but it was all good and we all had a fun time.

It is also pretty funny. My nickname is Walker Texas Ranger, just like in the show with Chuck Norris. Everyone here has like seen that show. So, now when I introduce myself I say, “Hi. I am Elder Walker, as in Walker Texas Ranger. They always laugh and have a good time. It is a great way to connect to them the first time you meet them, so it is not too weird.

Well, everything else is going great. The work is great, the French not as great as I thought but it is getting there. I am having a great time serving the Lord. I have found great joy. I am so glad I am here serving. Oh, before I forget, every once in awhile we go bowling on p-days, so that is pretty fun also. Well, the mission is a great place to be. I love it here and am having a great time. Thank you for all of your love and support. I hope you all have a great week and you also have a fun week at that. Well, I love you all and am truly grateful for your love and support. Have fun and remember, stay bright eyed, bushy tailed, and egger to excel. Love ya! LOVE ELDER WALKER TEXAS RANGER

No comments:

Post a Comment