Thursday, May 20, 2010

May 17, 2010

Hey family, how is it going? I hope you have all had a great week. This past week has been good. I have a funny story. I can now say that I have had a devil cast out of me by some evangelic pastor (or however you spell that). We went over to his house and then we said we are children of our Heavenly Father... that is as far as we got. After he starts going on like. “you are children of the devil and kissing someone before marriage is of the devil and against the law of chastity,” and all that kind of stuff. He was asking us if we can kiss someone and we said yes. Then he is like, “you are children of the devil.” He goes off for awhile, then we said, “can we leave with a prayer?” So, he said, “I will pray, then you can pray after.” So we said ok.......bad mistake on our part! He stands up and starts bouncing up and down and starts saying, “Cast these devils out of these two people. Make them see the light and have these devils cast out.” He also starts mumbling and chanting away. There were two others in the room, his friend and his wife, and they start chanting and mumbling also......at this point I can say me and my companion were afraid that he was going to hit us with the bible or something trying to get devils out of us. But he didn’t. After, we said a nice prayer and asked the spirit to be with us and after that they didn’t say a word. They were expecting us to try and do the same thing with them. We can now say that we will not be going back, but I can say I have had a devil cast out of me now.

Well, that is my funny story for the week. On a happy and good note, this week has been great. We haven’t been able to see our investigator, the one we wanted to set a baptism date with, but we have a rendezvous (appointment) with him this week, so that will be good. Oh, we also have another pastor that we are teaching, but don’t worry, he is awesome! Every time we go over there he starts off saying that we should pray and he offers it. He asks if the people we meet will open there hearts to the spirit and that the spirit can testify of what we say. He then asks if they can have their spirits burn within them and he asks that we may be blessed. It is awesome! The best part is he prays in the name of Jesus Christ, it is so cool. He is one of the coolest people we are teaching. We went over to teach him the plan de salut (for you English speaking people, the Plan of Salvation) and he basically taught himself. It was sweet!

Did anyone ever watch the movie BIG FISH? Well, if you did, do you remember the part when the main person goes through the woods and finds a little town that was hidden. Well, I think I found that place, kinda. We took this road with trees on both sides (it looked like a nature walk) and it ended up in this little town that was hidden from the world, it was pretty cool.

One question, have you ever seen someone walk a cat? I mean I have seen people walk dogs and stuff but I saw someone walking a cat with a leach and all. It was pretty cool I guess. I thought it was pretty funny.

Well, that was our week. Oh, before I forget, we also had interviews this week. He didn’t say if we were staying or going. But we will find out this Saturday if we go or if we stay and if we are going to have the same companion and all that stuff. Well, whatever happens, I will go were ever the Lord wants me to go.

I love you all and hope that you have a great week and thanks for all your love and support. JE T'AIME (I love you in French or you can say JE VOUS AIME. It means the same thing but the je vous aime is more formal. Je t'aime is for friends, family and people who are close. Well, JE T'AIME! LOVE, ELDER WALKER

No comments:

Post a Comment