Monday, December 7, 2009

San Francisco

Here is Elder Walker's email from Friday. He sounds like he is having a blast.

The MTC life is great! This week was awesome. I got to go to San Francisco to get my French visa. We had to get up at 4:30 am. That sucked, but then we got to the airport we were supposed to leave around 8:30 but it was delayed and these two gentlemen came and bought all 10 of us cinnamon rolls. We talked to them and found out they were returned missionary's, it was way cool. Then we got on the plane and flew out there. When we got there we went the the French consolet to get our visas. OK you know how we are suppose to be honest in all our doings. Ya the church had us all lie to get our visas. We had to tell them we were solo missionary's, That we would only be serving in France and we were leaving Dec. 18, it was great. After we went to In-n-Out for lunch. After we went walking around town and there were so many people that were way excited to see us there. Just, hey it's the missionary's. It was great, we even tried contacting a couple of people. After all that we went back to the airport and while we where there the two gentlemen that gave us the cinnamon rolls where coming back to Salt Lake too, so we got to talk. Well we got back around 9 o'clock pm. It was just an awesome day.

Yesterday we got to go to the referal center. It was awesome we actually got to do some missionary work. We got to call people. They call us. We got to chat to them on line, bear our testimony's and teach them. It was a great experience.

Life here is great. I am so excited to get out in the field. I have had many great experiences here. On Sunday we went to the temple and took a ton of pictures. I will have to send them. I am excited, today we get to go to the temple. I can't wait to go. That is the thing I look forward to the most every week. I look forward to it!

I have been learning how to contact people in French. Its going great (not really I suck at it way bad) But I am taking a tutor to help me. But besides that I am learning the language. It seems way harder now then it did when I was at school. But I still love the language though.

So that is what's going on in my life. Thank you all for the e-mails and the letters. It really gives me strength and makes me want to push on. I love you all. Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment