Wednesday, September 8, 2010

August 16, 2010

Transfer note we received on Saturday:

Well, family how is it going? Well, it is transfer time and some sad news - I am leaving Belgium :( No, it is all good! I am going to Angers, France. It is in Nates and I will be with Elder John Ellis. And guess what else - I am SENOIR COMPANION. I think I am a little sick. I mean I didn’t even get to be co-companions with someone. I went from Jr. companion to Sr. I think I am going to be sick. No, I know that the lord will help me and this is where he wants me to be and I will be happy with that. I will serve where ever the lords wants me to serve. Here is my new address:

6 Square Alexandr 1er
49100 Angers
France

Wednesday is going to be fun - moving from Charleroi to Angers, I will probably have to go through Paris to get there.......it is going to be along day!
Well, I love ya and I will write more on Monday on p-day. I love you all and hope you will have a great day. LOVE ELDER WALKER


Monday’s e-mail:

Bonjour tu vas bien? How are things going? I am glad to hear things are going great. Well if you didn’t here, I am leaving Charleroi and I am leaving Belgium. I am going to Angers, France and will be with Elder John Ellis. I found out he will be in his 3rd transfer with me, and I have heard he is pretty funny and he is a hard worker so, I am looking forward to that. However, I am not looking forward to the traveling. I think am I going to go through Paris because Paris is right in the middle between Charleroi and Angers. So, I will probably go to Paris, change trains, then off to Angers.

Well, this week has been a little weird. Not much has happened. When we had more missionaries in Charleroi we had two apartments, but now they are closing one. So, the office called us on Tuesday and said that the other apartment had to be deep cleaned by Thursday morning. So we had to clean the apartment. Well, we had a district meeting on Tuesday which lasted forever. After that we went to the apartment and cleaned for the rest of the day. Then on Wednesday, we spent the whole day cleaning. We had one appointment in the evening, then back to cleaning. Thursday morning we cleaned until about noon when the office elders showed up and check the apartment. The apartment wasn’t that bad but we had to do a deep cleaning and get it ready to close. So, we spent a lot of time cleaning everything up. But the rest of Thursday we had appointments and stuff, so that was good.

On Saturday we had a ward picnic at our church or so we thought. We get there and other people show up. Then they said, “Time to go, everyone in the car.” We thought we were just going to a park, but the park was in Wavre which happens not to be in our zone, but don’t tell pres or the zone leaders. It wasn’t that far away, so we went. It was not bad. I got some cool pictures, so it was cool. Then we got back and that is when we got the news about transfers.
So, that was pretty much my week. Not much went on besides cleaning, but it was good. We had three investigators at church and they loved it and want to come back. So I am happy about that. Our baptism date is still going good. He didn’t come to church yesterday but we have called him and he is still reading the scriptures and praying, so that is good.

Well, not much else is going on - just packing and stuff. Well, things are great here. It is going to be a long train ride on Wednesday, but it should be good. Well, I love you and hope you all have a great week. I will tell you all about Elder Ellis and my trip down to Angers and also about Angers next week. I hope you all have fun and stay safe. LOVE YA, LOVE ELDER WALKER

P.S. Here are a couple of cool pictures from Belgium

No comments:

Post a Comment