Monday, April 26, 2010

April 26, 2010

Hey family, how is it going? It is going great here in Charleroi. Well, these past couple of weeks have been great. And guess what, we have a baptism date for May 29 and we are also setting two more baptism dates this week. It is awesome. Well, the work here has been great. It was funny, my first Sunday in church I was sitting there having a good time. Church was almost over and we had sacrament last. It was almost over when the first councilor gets up and says “we have a new missionary in our ward and his name is Elder Walker.” At this point I knew exactly what he was thinking and I was like oh no! This is not good. He asked me to come up and introduce myself. I was thinking to myself, yep I was right. I knew exactly what he was thinking. Well, I got up and I introduced myself and I bore my testimony. It was all good in the end though, so I was happy about that.

Well, my French is coming along. I am able to understand more and more everyday and I know that the Lord is helping me with that, because without Him, there is no way. Ok, maybe there would be a way, but it would take FOREVER! Oh well, I will take the help where ever I can get it. Well, everything is going great; I am almost done with the Book of Mormon again. I finished it December 17, 2009 and now I am in 3rd Nephi, so I am getting there. I have also started reading the New Testament, and that is a pretty good book also, it is great.

Well, this past week was good. We had ZONE CONFERENCE. Charleroi usually goes up to Brussels for the conference but this time all of us went to LILLE, FRANCE for our conference. We had one of our area 70’s come and talk to us, it was a great meeting. After, we just came back to Charleroi and got to work. It is awesome. We have an investigator who is just awesome. He is going to get baptized. He committed himself to read and pray. We come to visit him and he has questions, and they are good questions. When we teach him he loves it and he keeps reading. He is just elect. We are also teaching a leader of a church, like a pastor, ( I don’t know how to spell it, so don’t laugh.) Oh well, it is awesome. He wanted to know about the Book of Mormon, so he just starts reading it, and as missionary’s, we are ok with that. We asked him what time his church was and it is the same time as ours, so we were a little sad about that. But he said he could have another teacher cover for him and he is coming to our church next week. It is so sweet.
Well, I hope everything is going great for you all and hope you are having an awesome week. Just remember to stay bright eyed, bushy tailed and eager to excel. Oh, and another thing, DON’T BE A RUM DUMB as grandma Condie said.

Well, I love you all and have a great week LOVE ELDER WALKER THE BELGIUM/PARIS MISSIONARY

No comments:

Post a Comment