Monday, April 19, 2010

April 29, 2010

Hey family, how is it going? I hope it is going great. Well, Charleroi is great. I miss Brussels though, that was a great city, but I am sure I will grow to love Charleroi. Well, my new companion is great. He has been out for a long time. He goes home in about 2 1/2 transfers in August. He is cool though. We have six elders in the same apartment but there is a twist. Two of the elders live down stairs in one apartment and 4 elders live in the top floor apartment. I live on the top floor with Elder Siminson, Elder Receiver, Elder Broadway, and me, myself and I. It is pretty cool.

Well, not much has gone on here. We have been doing a lot of area book work because it was a big mess. On Sunday, yesterday, I had to bear my testimony in church because I was the new missionary in the ward. It was pretty fun going up there with the little French I know. It went good though. People liked it, so that is good. There is a member here in Charleroi who was baptized about 5 years ago and he loves the missionaries. He works with the missionaries like every day. He works with different companionships. It is way awesome. He is an awesome member. In fact, he took us, Elder Broadway, Elder Winkler (pronounced VanClair), Elder Crump and I, and we went to go see a cave and take a tour. Then we went around and looked at a lot of cool things in Belgium.

So, that is what we did today. It is awesome. We have zone conference this week. It is down in Lille, France so we are going to have to go down there. Well, it is more of a mission conference and half of the mission is going down there and the other half is going to Paris, France. We are going to have one of the area 70’s come and talk to us about some things. I am looking forward to it. So that has been my life the last week. I packed and moved to Charleroi. It was really weird, I was on the train all by myself to go down to Charleroi but I got here safe so that is good. We then did some pass backs and area book work. It is kinda funny, Elder Broadway is a Paris missionary and I am a Belgie missionary. It is funny to see all the different things each mission did. They have their ways and we had our ways and some of them are clashing together, but it is all good.
Well, the mission work is going great. The French is coming along slowly but surely. I can understand a lot more then when I first got here, so that is always good. The work is great! I love it out here serving the lord, it is a blast. This transfer is going to be fun, being in a new area and it is going to be great.

Well, I hope everyone is doing great. I love you and hope you have a great week and a great time with work and school. I love you all and remember to stay bright eyed, bushy tailed, and eager to excel. Love ya tons TTFN LOVE ELDER WALKER

No comments:

Post a Comment