Monday, April 12, 2010

April 12, 2010

Well, last Saturday was the big day. We found out if we are staying or going, because missionary’s come and they go, living the life of the usual missionary serving the lord. So, what do you think is going to happen to me? Am I staying or am I going? Nobody knows. Come on, take a guess, parce que (because) I know. Well, ok, I guess I will tell you.............I am...................LEAVING............but I am staying in BELGIUM! I am going to go to...................................

CHARLEROI, BELGIUM

97, rue de Montigny
6000 Charleroi
Belgium

There is my address. I believe that this is the address. That is what our paper said, so I hope it is right. Well, that is my story, so have a nice week. No, just joking! Well, this week was great. Oh, just to tell you, my new companion is Elder Broadway. He is from England, so it will be pretty cool. He seems like a really nice guy. Ok, back to where I was.

On a dark rainy night in Brussels there was nobody....wait, sorry wrong story. Ok, well this week was great. We had a couple of rendez vous (appointments) fall through, but it was still a great week. In the other ward, Brussels 2, they had three baptisms this week. They are really nice people and they have such a strong testimony. So, that was a great experience. Oh, I lost my name tag, my white handbook, and my mobile card for the metros and the bus last Saturday. So, I have been doing what missionary’s call afro riding. That is where you have no pass. Good thing I am leaving on Wednesday to go to Charleroi. I will have to order a new name tag. Good thing I have two at the moment, so I still have one.

Well, not much has happened this week, but I think you will be proud of me. You know how you always say when making dinner "we have to have a veggie with it" and I am always like no we don’t. Well, this week I can’t believe I said it, but I said "we need to have a veggie with our meal..............Ya, I know, I can’t believe it either.

Well, Saturday we played football (soccer) and a lot of amies (friends) came. It was great. We had a fun time and then tonight we have the family home evening that we have every family night. We have a little lesson and play a game and then we all talk to the investigators. Well, that is my week. It is going to be fun in Charleroi. I heard they go bowling every Monday, so that will be cool. I will miss Brussels but I will go were ever the Lord wants me to go. I will still come up to the Brussels chapel for zone conference. So, that is cool. Well, I love you all and have a great week. TTFN, LOVE ELDER WALKER

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm Amy Crump. My son Kenny and Elder Walker were roommates at the MTC. Now they will be in the same apartment building in Charleroi. There are two missionary apartments in their building. Kenny shares one apartment with his companion and the other apartment has four missionaries. I think they all have a great time together. I recently found your blog and have enjoyed catching up with Elder Walker's adventures. You can follow Elder Crump's letters at eldercrump.blogspot.com.
    Amy Crump

    ReplyDelete