Tuesday, February 9, 2010

February 8, 2010

Hey, how is every one doing? I hope everything is going great. Well, this week has been great. Last Sunday one of our amis de l’église (investigators) or friends of the church, Luciano, came to church. He was talking to me about baptism and when are people ready to be baptized. Then we taught him on Tuesday and asked him if he will be baptized and he said yes! It was great! I was so excited for him. Then on Wednesday we were going to meet one of our investigators that are listed in our area book, but he didn't show. I also had the worst hamburger in my entire life, it was pretty bad.

Thursday came and we went to a member’s house to give her the sacrament. It was going to be the first time I would have given it in French, but she said someone else came by and gave it to her. It was still good. Then we went to go teach Luciano, but we had a member come so Elder Caywood and our Elders quorum president taught Luciano. Elder Mitchell and I went to go do some contacting, it was great. On Friday, well that was a day we had two dinner appointments. Well, one of them was for lunch. So, we went and they were both members so that was good. The one for lunch was good but we were there for way to long. We were there for 3 hours. The lady was also making fun of me because I couldn't speak French well. She was just joking around but it sucked. Then we went to another house for dinner and her name is Soeur Grand Fils. She is like the grandmother of all the missionaries. It was great, she was way nice.

Saturday we did our weekly planning and then we did a concentrated hour contacting people. After we saw one of our amie de l'église and taught him the Gospel or lesson 3 in PMG. That was our day.

Sunday, the first fast Sunday in the mission field was great. We went to church and had a great testimony meeting. Then we came back and made some calls. We then had our DMP meeting with the ward mission leader, so that was great. We talked about how the mission work is going. Then we went to our other amis de l'église and that was interesting. They started getting into a fight and they were speaking Spanish and French and my head was hurting pretty bad at that moment, but it was good.

Then we came home. He lives far away and we have to take a train to go and see him, so we had a long ride back. So that was my week.

Well the field is great. It is kinda cold here. Just the humidity makes it way worse. Belgium is awesome though and I am glad to be here. It is going to be a great mission. Thank you so much. I love you all.

Elder walker

P.S. I already have holes in the bottom of my shoe. It has a big crack but don’t worry they will still last a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment