Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September 5, 2011

Hey family, how is everything going? Well we had a good week this week. It was transfer week so that means that the missionaries in Paris get to help others. It was good. We had to help a couple of elders get through Paris. We only helped out 2. It was not nearly as bad as last time. Last time we were helping people from 8 o clock until 2 o clock. It was hot and we were sweating, but it was a lot easier today. It is fun helping other missionaries through. It gives you a chance to get to know them and if you already know them, just to talk and see how things are going. We actually helped Elder Whitecar (my last companion) through and it was great. He just left Le Havre so I got to talk to him and catch up on the thing in Le Havre. Things seem to be going great there so I am happy for them. Well, I guess I should probably tell you something…so it may be hard for you to take this but I am a mother...confusing right! Well, let me explain. In our mission a mother is someone who takes a brand new missionary out contacting for the first time. They let them experience the mission life before he meets his trainer who is called their father. So we had the brand new missionaries come in on Tuesday and I was asked to take one and go contacting with him. It was awesome! His name is Elder Husle (I think that is how you spell it.) It was fun. We ended up giving a Book of Mormon away and got three numbers. It was fun. It was cool to have that experience of taking out a blue (greenie in English a bleu (blue) in French). It was pretty cool. So now I am a step father (stepfather is a missionaries companion after their trainer), and a mother. Cool huh! OK - well the work here is going great. We have some great investigators and we are just having a great time. So we have our friend from Egypt who is awesome. We had an awesome miracle this week. Our friend was having trouble finding a job and a new house before he has to leave. So, we have been trying to work on that. Then last Monday there was a group of us just standing around in a very popular area when someone comes up and taps us on the shoulder. He said he was a member so we started talking. Then he told us where he was from. He told us that he was from Egypt....wow right! There are not too many members from Egypt. So, we started talking and we told him we were teaching a guy from Egypt. Then the member got really excited and was just so happy. We told him a little of his problem. Then he said; “I will help him with his problem. I will help him find a job and a home. Give me his number.” We all were just shocked, mouth wide open and speechless. Then on Wednesday we have French class and our friend comes to learn French. We invited the member to come and he came. Right when he walked in and they just started talking in Arabic so I have no clue what on earth they were saying. But apparently it went very well because after our friend said that the member was going to help him. Then the member thanked us. After we were just standing there trying to think what it is that he needed to thank us for. It was us that were thankful. It was so cool and we feel so blessed. It was such a miracle. Then yesterday he told us after church that he has to be baptized into this church. He knows it is true and he wants it. It was so cool. I just love it. We didn’t do anything. He contacted us and he was ready. I feel so blessed to be here at this moment to have this experience. It is so awesome. Then another miracle - a while back we did this fast with this recent convert. We fasted to help with missionary work, because she wanted to help the missionaries. About a week later she comes to us and tells us that she has been praying for someone she could present - someone to give to the missionaries. Then she says I found someone. I have been talking to my mom and she wants to start taking the missionary lesson. She saw how it changed my life and she wants to start taking the lessons again. She started taking them with me but stopped after awhile and now she wants to pick them up again...We were just shocked and we were totally ok with that. She told us that she will go on vacation for a month down in Orleans, France. So we asked the missionaries there to teach her. Then, they just got back this last week and we had a rendez-vous with her and her mom on Saturday. It was so awesome and spiritual. It was just so cool. After, the daughter sent us a message saying that her mom loved the lesson. She learned new things and felt the spirit really strong. Oh Ya! This church is true. I love it. She then came to church Sunday and loved it. It is so cool. I just can’t explain. The lord is just giving us these awesome blessing and we are so grateful. So those are some miracles for this week. I love the mission. It is a great feeling testifying to others of the truth that is on the earth and of Jesus Christ our Lord. I love this church. I know it is true. I hope you will all have a great week and a wonderful Labor Day. Remember that I love you!

--
TTFN LOVE ELDER WALKER

No comments:

Post a Comment