Wednesday, September 7, 2011

August 22, 2011

Hey family, how is everything going? Well, things here are great. We had a good week. It was pretty cool. We had our zone conference with President Poznanski and it was pretty good. We talked a lot about breaking the walls between the members and the missionaries. We also talked about raising the bar. It was good. We also had his councilor there who talked to us about a minute missionary. He was saying this is not a long time - 2 years or 18 months – it is not long but it will change our life forever and we will always benefit from it. It was a good conference. They are doing this new thing now and I think it is for every mission in the world. Every missionary will get a DVD player as part of their equipment. We are to use it to study the Preach My Gospel DVD. So at the zone conference we all received a Preach My Gospel DVD and a DVD player to use to study. We used it during companion study this past week we have been watching those sections and have been practicing and talking about them. They have been fun to watch and to see how they do it in Preach My Gospel. So that was a cool thing that we got that. Well we have had some awesome things happen here. One is with our investigator Cherif, who is awesome. We had some awesome rendez-vous with him. They were so great. We gave him 2 Nephi 2 to read and when he came to the meeting he had it read. He taught us what was in the chapter and how we needed opposition to know good and evil. Adam and Eve had to eat the fruit or we wouldn’t be here and because of that we fell. We could not return to Heavenly Father alone without help. That is why He sent Jesus Christ to come and lift us up and save us....WOW I was just sitting there with my mouth open and speechless. It was so cool! He knows that this is the true church and it was awesome. He even went to a baptism yesterday and loved it. He said he wanted to get baptized. Hopefully we will fix a date soon. We need to find a couple of things out first. He has to find a new apartment soon or he will have to leave and maybe go back to Egypt. Hopefully things will work out though. He is awesome. He went to a baptism yesterday for a young Chinese lady and it was awesome. I had to give the baptism interview. She speaks English also so it made it easy. We had the baptism questions in Chinese also just to make sure she understood the questions. She did and she passed. She has completely changed her life and loves it. She loves how the gospel fills to her and how it helps her in her life. It is so cool. You can just see how this gospel helps others. I know that this gospel is true. It can help others for the better and I love seeing it help others every day. Seeing that one person change their life for the better and how she just looks like there is something better in her life. I love seeing that and it only makes me happy to see others follow Jesus Christ. This gospel is true and I love it. We have also had some very nice members this week that called and asked us to come over to their house. They are so nice and I am glad that I have had this chance to get to know them better. Well family, I know this gospel is true. I love you and hope you will have a great week and remember I love ya! (And stay bright eyed, bushy tailed and eager to excel)!
--
TTFN LOVE ELDER WALKER

No comments:

Post a Comment