Wednesday, March 9, 2011

March 8, 2011

Hey family, how is everything going? Well things here are going great! So, I have heard that you are having some fun with the weather there in Utah. Rain, snow and freezing temps. Sounds fun. Here the weather has been great! The past few days there has been sunshine and temps in the high teens - which are about the 60’s in America, and it is awesome. Yesterday for our P-day we went to the beach and we played a game on the beach with blue skies and a calm ocean. It was awesome. Well, that is our weather here. I don’t know how long it will last for but I hope it will last for some time. I like the cold and all but I think it is time for a change. Well, we have been having fun here. We had to go to Paris again last Friday to have another training session or I guess it was Zone Conference. We talked about the last two points in the simplified curriculum which are the Doctrine of Christ which is our missionary objective and the role of the Holy Ghost in conversions. It was really good. We talked about coming unto Christ and how we can come unto him. Then we talked about the Holy Ghost and what he does in the conversion process. Also, how the Book of Mormon combined with the Spirit is the most powerful tool in the conversion process. So that was Paris. After the training we didn’t have time to go and explore Paris, but we did get....BOO BOOS. I have no clue how to spell it but it sound like that - boo boos. You may be thinking what is he talking about, and what is a boo boo. Is he talking like a little kid when they say, “Mommy, I got a booboo”...no I am not. A booboo is the best. It is a sort of clothing one can say, but African clothes... Oh YA baby. These boo boos are sick. I would send a picture, but I forgot my camera so next week for sure. They are sick and if I am ever in Paris again I will get another one. They basically look like jammies, but sweeter.
So we got those then headed back to Le Havre. Well, that was our trip to Paris. It was great. So there has been a lot of news going around about getting a new mission president this summer. His name is Frank Ponozki. I don’t think I spelled it right - sorry. But the cool thing is that I already know him and his family. He actually lives in Anger, France. So when I was there I got to meet him and his family. They are really cool and he will make a great mission president. A lot of people like him and I like him also, so that will be cool. Well time is running short, but I want to say a last thing. Transfers are coming up and we will find out this Saturday if we stay or if we go. Whatever happens we will be happy. Oh ya Cuz - Sister Whiting - I read her e-mail and she said she is serving with a Sister Dungan. I actually think it is the sister of my old companion Elder Dungan. Elder Dungan told me one day that his sister was in the same mission as Sister Whiting. So that is cool. Well, I love you family and hope you have a great week. Bye

--
TTFN LOVE ELDER WALKER

No comments:

Post a Comment