Wednesday, October 6, 2010

October 4, 2010

Hey family, how is everything going? I hope you all had a great week and a great weekend with conference. I hope you were able to see some of it. I was able to see some of it over here. I saw the Saturday morning session at 6 pm here on Saturday night. Then, Sunday morning we watched the priesthood session and then the Saturday afternoon session. Then we were able to watch the Sunday morning session live at 6 pm. We were not able to watch the Sunday afternoon session because it was from 10pm to midnight. So, we couldn’t watch it. I am actually listing to it right now while I am on the computer at lds.org. It is awesome. It is still not the same as watching it however, and I will not be able to watch it at all. But, oh well, I will just have to wait to read it.

Well, conference was awesome! It talked a lot about following the prophets and trusting the Lord and it just was awesome. I have learned to love conference a lot more then I used to. I took a ton of notes. I will just have to remember to read them and look over them to review what I have learned. It was a very good conference. We were all talking about the 2nd coming just before it started and then we hear all the talks on trusting the Lord and following the prophets. They just didn’t seem like their same old joyful selves. You know, the way they usually do. So, we were there and we were thinking, “something is up, something is going to happen and they are going to ask us to do something.” We were all kinda freaking out. I did get to watch it in English and from my own opinion I think it is a lot better in English than in French. You just don’t have the same voice and their attitudes. I was grateful to watch it in English.

Well, this week has been great. The work here is starting to catch on fire!!!! It is awesome!! We wanted 6 new investigators during the entire last transfer. We got 0. This transfer we have 6 just in 2 to 3 days. Oh ya, and we asked this guy if he would be baptized and he said yes! We didn’t fix a date yet, so the next time we can fix that. But I do have to say that the work here is picking up and it is awesome.

Well, do you remember the guy Joan that we baptized? Yeah, he hasn’t been back to church and wasn’t there the Sunday after his confirmation. He was not there this week either. Sucks! Right? No, life is good! He is just really busy. He already told us he wouldn’t be there and that he won’t be back till the end of October. The reason why is because of his job. He works with guide dogs and they are holding this big huge convention thing. So, it is taking up all his weekends, but we still see him during the week. So, don’t worry too much. It’s all good.

Well, transfers went well. It is a little weird to get back in the motion for contacting with 3 people, but it is all good. We go to a park every once in awhile and we just split up kinda. We stay close but we just go contacting. We will have a Book of Mormon tower and just stand by it. We talk to whoever wants to learn more. It is pretty cool. We have also got this new center for young adults in our ward. It will be good to start working with the young people in our ward.
Well, things have been good here I was going to tell you some stuff about conference but I forgot my notes. I can’t remember it all so next week I will be good with that. I hope you all liked conference and hope you all learned a lot of good things and loved it. It was really good and I am glad I got to watch a little of it. I don’t have much time because we have to be in Centre Ville at 5. So, sorry we don’t have that much time this week. I hope you all have a great day and a great week. I love you and hope you have fun. I am still alive so it is all good! LOVE YA LOVE ELDER WALKER

No comments:

Post a Comment