Thursday, July 22, 2010

July 19, 2010

Bonjour! How is everything going? I hope everything is going great. Well, things here have been fun. We had a good week. So, that is always good. So, let me tell ya about this week.

We found a new investigator. He is African and speaks English. Cool right. As we were going to the rendezvous I was thinking to myself, “Ya, I got this. It is in English. I got this”....Oh, let me tell ya, I did not have it. After teaching in French for so long then going to English, it was hard. I could not even describe the Book of Mormon. It got better towards the end but at first it was bad for me. I didn’t think it was going to be that difficult switching back to English, but it was. It was really sad. It is all good though and he understood it and we have tried to set up a new rendezvous (appointment) with him. He is having problems with his legality papers but he wants to see us again, so it is good.

Last Sunday Elder Andrew Schmutz came to Charleroi because he was touring the mission with his family, because he is done. So, I got to see him for one last time. I was in the same district as him in Brussels. He was an office elder and we went on workdays with him so it was fun. He also lives in Aunt Ruth’s ward. His mom knew who I was before I could even tell her my name, so it was fun to see him again.

One of the cool things that happened this week was we contacted an old investigator who used to have a baptism date and we went to go see him. His name is Cedrick and guess what? He is a certified NINJA.... I kinda laughed at first when I read the paper but when I went to his house his walls were covered with ninja stuff. He had swords, throwing stars, knifes, air soft guns and other ninja stuff. We taught him about prayer and what it means to have real intention when praying and he said that was his problem, having that real intention. He said he was going to read the Book of Mormon again and pray again, so, that is good. He is way cool. Elder Dungan and I both got a picture with us holding this huge, huge air soft gun and the Book of Mormon together. It is kinda funny.

Well, I got my memory card ready to send home. I just have to get a padded envelop to send it home in. But, in the mean time, I will send you some pictures today in the mail. They are just some pictures that I printed off. I think you will like them, especially the one with the white background. I am not going to say what the picture is but you will be able to tell because the background is all white. The other picture is just a funny saying I found on a building. You have heard of the Nike slogan JUST DO IT. Well this one is JUST DAVE IT. It is pretty funny. There are also descriptions on the back of the pictures as well so don’t forget that.
Ok, ok. I will tell you what the other picture is because I know some of you are thinking why won’t he just tell us. So, I will. It is a picture of a huge spider that we found. Now in the picture the spider looks really big. Now the spider was really big but the picture makes it bigger.........no, wait, now that I think about it, it was that big and disgusting all at the same time.

Well, things here are going good. My stomach has been a little sick this past week but besides that I am doing good. We are teaching one investigator who looks very promising. He has come to church twice and the best part is he doesn’t live to far away from the church, so that is good. His is making some great progress and we have a baptism date with him. Well, more of a baptism goal for him to stop smoking, so that is good, but he is awesome.

Thank you so much everybody for all the love and support you give me while I am on a mission. I really appreciate it. It helps me get through the hard days here. I love you all and hope you have a great week. Have fun on vacation for the summer and just make sure you don’t have too much fun without me, ok. I love ya. LOVE ELDER WALKER

No comments:

Post a Comment