Thursday, December 30, 2010

December 29, 2010

Hey family, how is everything going? Did everyone have a great Christmas? I hope that you all did and that you all had a fun time. Well, Christmas for me was great. A family invited us over to their house and the cool part is they live right on the beach. So, Elder Gull and I went to the beach for a little bit and got to check it out. It was pretty cool. The weather was nice so we got to see out a ways, but it was cold, very cold. Then we had lunch at their house and it was pretty cool. Well, that was our Christmas. After, we went home and had the best part of the day. Calling home and talking with the family. It was great to call and talk to you. I am glad everything is going great and it was great to hear your voices. It really was the best part of my Christmas. Well, New Years is coming up so HAPPY NEW YEARS! It is so weird to think that it is already 2011. Were has the time gone? I remember when it turned 2010 and it just feels like it just passed in the blink of an eye. I am shocked! Well, time must go on. Well, this week has been really slow and kinda bad. We have lost contact with our baptism date, Katylen. I saw her last Tuesday with Elder Hall and we haven’t seen her since. She said she was coming to church so we went to pick her up. We got permission from President Staheli to drive her. So, we went to her house but she was not there. So, we called her - no answer. We finally went to church without her and it was great. I had to give a talk. I gave it on un refuge contre Satan or a refuge against Satan. It went well. Well, after church we went throughout our day and at night I decided to call her, but once again no answer. So, I called her on Monday...nothing, and Tuesday...nothing. So, we haven’t seen her for a week or even heard from her. So, I hope everything is still ok with her. Then with our investigator from Canada - we haven’t seen him in awhile either. The last time was last Thursday. We found out that he caved in and drank some alcohol and smoked also. He said that he is trying to recover from that and he is still praying, but that was the last time we saw him. So, we are hoping he is doing awesome also. Well, besides that, the rest of our amies have been out of town but they should be back soon.

Well, besides that our week has not been too much out of the ordinary. We do have another rendezvous with our old baptism date, the mom and the daughter. So, hopefully it will go great. Well, this has been a great year for me and the mission. I have really grown to love the Lord for all that he has done for me in my life and the life of my family and friends. I have learned a lot about this gospel also by having the chance to study it everyday. This has truly been a great year for me and it isn’t even over just yet. We had our interviews with our mission president, President Staheli. He encouraged us to fix goals for ourselves, for this new year coming up, and to look back at our old goals and see what we have accomplished over the year. So, this year was great but next year we should make it an even better year. Elder Ballard said this about setting goals, “We need to set goals and learn how to master them. If we don’t, when we get to be a ripe old age looking back on our lives, we might realize that we only reached a part of our potential.” Those are not the exact words but close enough.

So, I encourage you all to fix some goals and push for them this next year and make this year even better then the last.

Well, I love you family and I hope you have a great day and an awesome New Year. I love you!

TTFN LOVE ELDER WALKER

No comments:

Post a Comment